Thursday, September 29, 2011

Apple




You know those nights where you just can't fall asleep no matter how hard you try? Well, that was me last night. I didn't end up going to sleep until 3 am. I would go lay down for 20 minutes, get up and get a drink. Lay down again, get up to sketch out an idea I had in my mind. Lay down again and just stare at the wall thinking. After about a few hours of this going on, I finally decided to just get up and make use of my time. I sat down at my computer and looked over to see an apple sitting on my kitchen table. I debated for about 10 minutes if I wanted to eat the apple or not. I wanted to because it looked delicious, but I didn't want to because it was 2 am and it would probably make me feel sick if I ate that late. So instead of eating the apple, I decided to make an illustration of an apple. And this is what I came up with at 2 in the morning. I had so much fun making the apple illustration I decided to make a carrot one as well. And now I want to make the whole alphabet with these little illustrations of fruits and vegetables. So far I have A-apple, B-beet, C-carrot, D-?, E-eggplant, F-fig, G-grapes, H-honeydew, I-?, J-?, K-?, L-lemon, M-mango, N-nectarine, O-orange, P-pear, Q-?, R-raspberry, S-strawberry, T-tomatoe, U-?, V-?, W-watermelon, X-?, Y-?, Z-?. If you know of any fruit or vegetable starting with the letters that have a question mark by them let me know! I think teaching your children the alphabet by using fruits and vegetables also teaches your children the importance of being healthy. It's killing two birds with one stone, and what parent doesn't like that?

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful!
    Date, Iceberg Lettuce?, Jalapeno, Kale, Quince,Ugli Fruit, Vanilla Bean, Yam, Zucchini... some ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cute. I like them a lot Bridgette!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather! You are genious! Thanks for the fruit and veggie words for my alphabet idea!
    Darci- Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete